Phase Change Materials (FinePE PCMs) are ideal products for thermal management solutions. This is because they store and release thermal energy during the process of melting & freezing (changing from one phase to another). When such a material freezes, it releases large amounts of energy in the form of latent heat of fusion, or energy of crystallisation. Conversely, when the material is melted, an equal amount of energy is absorbed from the immediate environment as it changes from solid to liquid.
This property of FinePE PCMs can be used in a number of ways, such as thermal energy storage whereby heat or coolness can be stored from one process or period in time, and used at a later date or different location. Fine PE are also very useful in providing thermal barriers or insulation, for example in temperature controlled transport.
The simplest, cheapest, and most effective phase change material is water/ice. Unfortunately, the freezing temperature of water is fixed at 0°C (32°F), which makes it unsuitable for the majority of energy storage applications. Therefore, a number of different materials have been identified and developed by CIMC FinePE to offer products that freeze and melt like water/ice, but at temperatures from the -22℃~995℃.
Applications of phase change materials include, but are not limited to:
1. Thermal energy storage
2. Cold Energy Battery
3. Cooling: food, beverages, coffee, wine, milk products, green houses
4. Medical applications: transportation of blood, operating tables, hot-cold therapies, treatment of birth asphyxia.
5. Thermal protection of food: transport, hotel trade, ice-cream, etc.
CIMC FinePETM PCMs
FinePETM developed 60 types of ice bricks, 50 types of ice packs; liquid / gel custom are characteristics with environmental protection, large latent heat, low supercooling, small volume expansion rate, stable phase change temperature Uses:
1. For freezing biological products, fresh, Frozen food, plasma, medicines, vaccines and other cold boxes are stable
2. Used in refrigerators to store cold and save electricity and food preservation
3. Used in patients with physical cooling, anti-inflammatory and pain relief, cold compress beauty, fall injury, strain, hemostasis and other auxiliary treatment
4.Precise temperature control – FinePE™ cold chain refrigerants operate in safe and appropriate temperature ranges with release and absorption of latent heat over a narrow temperature range which is very important for cold chain.
5.Balance of cost vs efficiency – We offer the perfect balance of cost vs. product quality.
6.Safety – FinePE™ cold chain refrigerants are non-toxic and safe to use
The amount of PCM necessary is calculated by heating and cooling loads of the shippers. Our engineers will run this free calculation and advise which PCMs and in what quantities would work best for you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
· Size of shipping container in inches
· Type of insulation materials
· Thickness of insulation material in inches
· Expected ambient temperatures in Celsius
· Range of temperatures required inside the shipper in Celsius
· Duration of temperature control required in hours